top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How much does it cost to file an eviction suit?
Filing Fee: $54.00

    Constable Service Fee per resident served: $90.00

    For citations to be served in a county other than Hill County, contact the constable or sheriff of that County for the amount of the service fee and location for forwarding the citation.

Q. Where do I file my Eviction suit?
A. An eviction suit must be filed in the Justice Court in the precinct of the county in which the rental property is located.

Q. How much does it cost to request a Writ of Possession?
A. $205.00

Q. I filed a pauper's affidavit to appeal a judgment for the landlord in a residential eviction for nonpayment of rent. What happens if I cannot make the initial rent deposit into the justice court's registry?
A. In an eviction case filed on or January 1, 2012, if a tenant who is appealing a judgment in a residential eviction case based on nonpayment of rent by filing a pauper's affidavit, fails timely to pay the initial rent deposit into the registry of the justice court, the landlord may request the court immediately to issue a writ of possession. The court must issue the writ of possession without a hearing. The appeal will still go forward.

bottom of page